Social media – it’s a hot topic, a huge topic and it’s constantly evolving. Join AMA Omaha in collaboration with Randa Zalman, President and CEO of Canary and Coal, as we dive into the varying degrees of social media.
How much are these meetups?
- FREE for all AMA Omaha members!
- $10 for non-members
- We do ask that AMA Omaha members still register so we can plan appropriately.
Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in learning more about social media! Topics will vary and we will post them ahead of time on our event page.
- Those with beginner through expert level of social media knowledge. This is a casual opportunity to start your social media journey or to learn more about what you already know. Bring your questions and your own experiences to share!
Where and when?
- Regus Aksarben – 2111 S. 67th Street, Suite 300
- Saturdays, 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Please note that the frequency may change. However, it is our goal to bring you Social Media Saturdays at least once a month. Be sure to check our event page for exact dates and times.
Speaker and facilitator:
Randa Zalman, President and CEO, Canary and Coal
Randa’s enthusiasm for marketing and advertising as a career and lifestyle keeps her at the leading edge in strategic digital communications. Having worked as an account director at major agencies in Nebraska and in Chicago, Randa has developed expertise in managing projects incorporating a wide variety of disciplines including branding, media, print, interactive, digital, public relations and project management.
Randa is a recognized thought leader on the power and appropriate use of new media including social media and digital placement. She has been a featured speaker at seminars and conferences across the globe. Her expertise in social media in regulated industries lead her to be selected to serve on the committee that drafted model compliance guidelines for the insurance industry.
In addition to role on the PRSA Nebraska Board of Directors, she has served on the American Advertising Federation Omaha board and on the board of Insurance Advertising Compliance Association. She is a past president and board member of the Mid-America Direct Marketing Association and currently adjunct professor of Marketing Strategy and MBA programs at Bellevue University. She has a BA from University of Nebraska Lincoln in Communication Studies and Public Relations and a Master of Arts in Communication Studies from University of Nebraska Omaha.